On Mon, 21 May 2007, Yanko Sanchez wrote:

because when the hdd was first formated it was inside of a PowerPC and
we knew that it was going to be on a server but we didn't know of what
kind so we just formated FAT32. I don't really care what the fomrmat
it is, if I could switch it to UFS I'd do it, but I need a hdd as big
as that one to copy the files and then be able to reformat with a new
FS.

On 5/21/07, Garrett Cooper <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Duane Hill wrote:
> Disreguard my previous response. I didn't see your next response to Ray.
> Sorry.
>
> On Sun, 20 May 2007, Yanko Sanchez wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> I have a 400GB seagate IDE hdd with backed up data that I need to load
>> onto
>> a machine running freebsd 6.2
>>
>> The drive is formated for fat32 and when I run the command:
>>
>> mount -t msdos /dev/ad2s2 /mnt/audio/
>>
>> I get the following error:
>>
>> "mountmsdosfs(): disk too big, sorry"
>>
>> Is there a solution to this?
>> Thanks.

Why on earth would you want to create a 400GB MSDOSFS formatted disk?
MSDOSFS was quick but offered no protection against power outages or
incomplete writes, and was horrible in terms of disk fragmentation..

If you really want MSDOSFS for whatever reason, just break up the disk
into smaller chunks partition-wise (IIRC 100GB chunks are fine).

-Garrett

If by PowerPC you mean MacOSX, it supports UFS formatting as well as MSDOSFS
formatting.

Some food for thought..

-Garrett