Colin,

On Wed, 23 May 2007 you wrote:

 > Wow, this is news to me.  Did the Maple 10 installer work, or did you
 > have to use linux to install and then copy the installed files across?

No problem with the installer.  It's java-based and I used the FreeBSD
native version of jdk1.4.2.

The installer doesn't work with jdk1.5, but that's not a FreeBSD
issue.  It doesn't work with jdk1.5 under MacOS X either.  The problem
is documented somewhere on the Maple website.

You will also need to apply the kernel patches at

   http://www.bsdforums.org/forums/printthread.php?t=36929

to implement linux_rt_sigpending.  This isn't needed for the
installer, but Maple will not run without it.

Sandy