Now you need to do this:

pkg_add -r gnomesession

Then you need to inform X that you want to run this at startup.
In your home directory you want to create a file ".xinitrc", and put "exec gnome-session" in it.

Pat Lathem

Mykroft Holmes IV wrote:

did a kg_add -r gnome2
did a pkg_add -r gnome2-fifth-toe

All successfull.

No gnome-session found

How the heck do I start Gnome?

Note, I'm exporting the display to another box (full screen), so I just
want the command, or a script, as startx only starts X locally. My
$DISPLAY is set correctly, since KDE works.

Help?

Adam