I am trying to run an xterm remotely (over the web).

I understand the IP address must be entered using the xhost command.

My problem is that the xhost command wants X running on the main terminal,
but main terminal is using an ascii screen only.
The xhost command gives an error stating that the command
must be run from X on the main terminal.

Is there another way I can maybe bypass the xhost command and
register the IP address in the same place that xhost does?