On Saturday 25 January 2003 20:32, pura life CR wrote:
> Hi, I am freebsd user, I have few misc questions:
>
> 1. Where can i get the source code of the "daemon" saver? I want to know
> how the logo can "jump" in the screen.

/usr/src/sys/modules/syscons/daemon/daemon_saver.c

> 2. What command can i use if I want to crypt a word and I see it encrypoted
> just like the /etc/master.passwd file? For example, I want to know how the
> password "foobar" would be encrypted in /etc/master.passwd if It would be
> my real passwd.

This would not be done with a command. It is done with a call to the crypt()
function in libcrypt. You may see the crypt(3) manpage for more information
(type man 3 crypt at your command prompt)

> 3. Where can I get more informacion about svr4 and linux emulation?, What
> does this emulation consist on? Can I run linux and svr4 binaries?.

See section 20 (Linux Binary Compatibility) in the FreeBSD handbook. If you
installed the doc distribution, the handbook is in
/usr/share/doc/handbook/index.html on your file system. The SVR4 emulation
works in the same way as the Linux emulation, so the section of the handbook
applies here too.

> That's all for now.
>
> regards,

Willie Viljoen