At 05:59 PM 5/24/2007, you wrote:
Janos Dohanics wrote:
I'm using imapsync to transfer maildirs to a new server. One of the
mailboxes is about 4.7 GB. While into the syncing to about 3 GB,
imapsync quits with this message:
<END>
while processing LITERAL
Read: * 5330 FETCH (UID 5337 BODY[] )
12835 OK Fetch completed.
Out of memory during request for 80 bytes, total sbrk() is 536813568
bytes!
I'm running imapsync on the target system, which is FreeBSD 6.2-STABLE
with 1 GB RAM.
I'm wondering if I could adjust some resource settings to let the
imapsync job finish?

I forgot to say you probably need more RAM as well, at least I did. We are running a nightly imapsync run and the problem did not go away until we had 3GB.

Good luck,

Per olof

Bill and Per,

Thank you both. I tried ulimit -d 1000000000, but that did change the values reported by ulimit.

So I did a little googling, and came across this:

http://people.lemis.com/grog/diary-mar2005.html - see the March 4 entry.

With this change, imapsync and 1 GB RAM could cope with the large mailbox...

Janos