You shouldn't even need to configure X if you are exporting the display.
X needs to be installed merely for the support apps & libraries.

Make sure your DISPLAY Variable is set to windowshostname:0 where 0 is
the number of your display (And it should be 0 by default).

Then from the command line, run the app, it should appear on your
Windows Desktop.

Adam