On 25/05/07, Norberto Meijome <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On Fri, 25 May 2007 08:08:25 -0500
Jonathan Horne <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> forgive my foul language, but linux-ppc works like a charm.

Thanks Jonathan :)
well, it is what it is, nothing wrong in stating it :)

have you tried NetBSD? I rather not stay too close to the penguin... again,
this may be for the kids, so edubuntu may be worth a try.

While NetBSD and FreeBSD share an ancestry (and
still borrow from one another), at the admin level they
are quite different.  It's nearly as difficult a transition as
learning Debian or Gentoo* weirdness.

*Not really.  /usr/ports and /usr/pkgsrc are both fairly
like bolt-action rifles: simple and effective.  portage is
like SDI: it was really never going to work, but it scared
the crap out of NPR and the Soviets.