On Sun, 27 May 2007 20:23:39 +0300
"Abdullah Ibn Hamad Al-Marri" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On 5/27/07, Anton Galitch <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > Hi I have a problem while compiling my kernel. When I go
> > to /usr/src then make buildkernel ...
> > it says that make doesnt know what to do because buildkernel is
> > invalid option.
> >
> > I downloaded the latest source and still the same.
> > In /usr/src there is only sys/ directory.
> >
> > Thanks for any help.
> >
> > --
> > http://feudaltimes.com.ar - Webmaster, designer and programmer
> > "[EMAIL PROTECTED]"
> >

> You need to check to do csup -L
> 2 /usr/share/examples/cvsup/stable-supfile
>
> Also choose the mirror you need and edit the stable-supfile.

If you set the relevant variables in /etc/make.conf, and use "make
update", then you do not have to edit the sample supfile:

From the sample file /usr/share/examples/etc/make.conf (be sure to
uncomment anything you change):

#SUP_UPDATE=
#SUP=            /usr/bin/csup
#SUPFLAGS=       -g -L 2
#SUPHOST=        cvsup.uk.FreeBSD.org
#SUPFILE=        /usr/share/examples/cvsup/standard-supfile
#PORTSSUPFILE=   /usr/share/examples/cvsup/ports-supfile
#DOCSUPFILE=     /usr/share/examples/cvsup/doc-supfile

> If you are using older version than 6.1 use cvsup.

FWIW, if you want to checkout the actual CVS repository, you still need
to use cvsup as well.  Unfortunately, csup does not yet support CVS
mode.

--
Conrad J. Sabatier <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>