Tom Grove wrote:
I am wanting to write a gui frontend to pkg_cutleaves. I see that it is just a simple perl script so, it would be quite simple to just put a gtk frontend on it and call it a day. However, I am starting to write a good amount of code in java and was wondering what others think about java as the de-facto gui standard on the BSD desktop.

I personally think Java should be restricted to where write-once-run-everywhere is really needed. If I understand it correctly, you are in this case writing something that will only work on one platform, so I think it would be better to stick to that platform natively.

Just my two Eurocents.

 bye
        av.