> Hi Jonathan,
>
> On Mon, May 28, 2007 at 10:14:10PM -0500, Jonathan Horne wrote:
>> i just did a buildkernel and world, and installing the kernel was normal with
>> no issues.  mergemaster -p, and then when i installworld, i get this:
>>
>> phoenix# make installworld
>> mkdir -p /tmp/install.iA4Zk47v
>> for prog in [ awk cap_mkdb cat chflags chmod chown  date echo egrep find grep
>> install-info  ln lockf make mkdir mtree mv pwd_mkdb rm sed sh sysctl  test
>> true uname wc zic; do  cp `which $prog` /tmp/install.iA4Zk47v;  done
>> cd /usr/src; MAKEOBJDIRPREFIX=/usr/obj  MACHINE_ARCH=i386  MACHINE=i386
>> CPUTYPE=  GROFF_BIN_PATH=/usr/obj/usr/src/tmp/legacy/usr/bin
>> GROFF_FONT_PATH=/usr/obj/usr/src/tmp/legacy/usr/share/groff_font
>> GROFF_TMAC_PATH=/usr/obj/usr/src/tmp/legacy/usr/share/tmac
>> PATH=/usr/obj/usr/src/tmp/legacy/usr/sbin:/usr/obj/usr/src/tmp/legacy/usr/bin:/usr/obj/usr/src/tmp/legacy/usr/games:/usr/obj/usr/src/tmp/usr/sbin:/usr/obj/usr/src/tmp/usr/bin:/usr/obj/usr/src/tmp/usr/games:/tmp/install.iA4Zk47v
>> make -f Makefile.inc1 reinstall
>> make: Permission denied
>> *** Error code 126
>>
>> Stop in /usr/src.
>> *** Error code 1
>>
>> Stop in /usr/src.
>>
>> note that im not in single user mode, but personally, ive been doing it in
>> full mode for a long time, and this is the first box thats not performing as
>> expected.    does what i posted above make any sense to anyone?  i have
>> already did a rm -rf on /usr/src/* and /usr/obj/* and re-ran the buildworld,
>> same thing both times.  any ideas would be appreciated.
>
> What's your current uname -a and what branch do you use for your cvs
> sources?
>
> --
> Oliver PETER, email: [EMAIL PROTECTED], ICQ# 113969174
> "Worker bees can leave. Even drones can fly away. The Queen is their slave."

uname -a :
FreeBSD phoenix.heavysystems.com 6.2-RELEASE-p5 FreeBSD 6.2-RELEASE-p5 #4: Mon
May 28 19:19:53 EDT 2007
[EMAIL PROTECTED]:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/PHOENIX  i386

kernel installed successfully, and we rebooted it to see if it would somehow
clear this up.  ive been checking file system/directory permissions against
another system that is fine, and so far they all look the same.

supfile is pulling down RELENG_6_2.

thanks,
--
Jonathan Horne