Paul Halliday wrote:
I just installed 6.2 on a 90GB drive. During the installation I
created the usual partitions and left 50GB untouched. I then rebooted
ran partition magic to put a DOS FS on the remainder then ghosted XP
pro onto it.

Do I need to start over or can I fix this?

It's usually much better to install Windows first, as it's fussier about where it's installed and records that information all over itself. FreeBSD is more adaptable so install it after Windows. In your setup, even if you do get Windows to boot (which should be only a matter of chain-loading the boot sector on the Windows partition; FreeBSD's boot0 should show allow you this), it will be very confused about where it's "C:" drive is.