On 30/05/07, Vladimir Tsvetkov <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

When we talk about portability of User Interface applications with rich
interactivity we must also put into disscusion Adobe Flash and Adobe Flex
applications.
Adobe is working on its Apollo platform (huge part of it is open source -
http://www.podtech.net/home/2827/the-architecture-of-flash), which should
bring RIA into the desktop as a front end technology and leave to us the
choice among the diverse flavours of back end technologies.

To my oppinion Java is more suitable for  back end solutions. The level of
interractivity of Java GUI apps is around the standard for the most wide
spread applications, but it is still way to far from being competitive to
the richness in human-computer interaction, that we can design and use with
Flash/Flex apps.

I would like to see a native FreeBSD Flash player.

This is the main reason I'm getting into this disscussion.

There is a Flash player for the Macs and for the Linuxes, we need also a
native Flash player.

Best Regards,
Vladimir Tsvetkov,
http://www.gugga.com/