I happen to be an author of ASN feature (and the latest version of )
LFT - TCP based traceroute. You can download it at :
http://www.mainnerve.com/lft

It is a plain old C application, though it does require libpcap (available
in any FreeBSD installation).
--Ugen

Philip J. Koenig wrote:

On 25 Jan 2003 at 22:36, Dan Nelson boldly uttered:

In the last episode (Jan 25), Philip J. Koenig said:

On 25 Jan 2003 at 20:45, Dan Nelson boldly uttered:

Try prtraceroute, from ports/net/irrtoolset.

OK sounds good, but are these X programs? I started to install it and when it started to retrieve TK (/usr/ports/x11-toolkits/tk83) I killed it. It also apparently wants XFree86-libraries-4.2.1_5.

I don't know if I mentioned that I want something that is character-
based. I don't have X on this box and I don't want another situation where a port ends up installing all that baggage..

Some of the tools are graphical, but prtraceroute is commandline.

So is there any way to compile just prtraceroute? I don't see any obvious switches in the Makefile.

It does say "GNU_CONFIGURE= Yes", does this mean I can type "configure" to override defaults after fetching the distfiles?

Thx,

Phil

--
Philip J. Koenig [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Electric Kahuna Systems -- Computers & Communications for the New Millenium