Paul Schmehl wrote:
--On Friday, June 01, 2007 17:04:16 +0200 [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

Does anyone know how to DISABLE the Trash thing in KDE? I'm not a newbie,
and I am decisive about deleting files. I don't need an annoying 'you can
never be sure' functionality. rm -r for life!

// i've seen hacks like chmod 000 .trash, not my choice

KDE Control Center/File Manager/Behavior/Ask Confirmation For - uncheck Delete

That's just a confirmation. I prefer to press DEL, then ENTER to delete a file, SHIFT+DEL isn't so good. Disabling a confirmation does not disable the Trash thing. You accidentally forget to press SHIFT with DEL, and KDE starts moving a 12GB file from one partition to my home partition (oh and it has a 1G capacity). The hack disables writing to the Trash.

How to disable the Move to Trash capability?