On 6/2/07, Daniel Molina Wegener <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
  Yes... why shouldn't work?

  Try, and comment me the results. With moused you will have a mouse
pointer in the console. Sometimes is usefull...

Thanks for the help, Daniel. Now I do have a functioning mouse cursor
and Xorg does indeed start, but the Synaptics driver won't load. I'm
guessing because the touchpad is filtered via /dev/sysmouse and it
can't pick up what it needs to run correctly.

Now I get the following if I try and use the synaptics driver in Xorg:

(EE) Synaptics Touchpad no synaptics touchpad detected and no repeater device
(EE) Synaptics Touchpad Unable to query/initialize Synaptics hardware.
(EE) PreInit failed for input device "Synaptics Touchpad"

Then Xorg fails to start with the errors I mentioned earlier.

For the moment I've reverted to the generic mouse driver - at least I
can get to X, although the touchpad is still lacking all its wonderful
goodies which made it a pleasure to use (scrolling, etc).

(Also sending back to the list as I've got an annoying habit of
hitting reply, instead of reply all)

--
Regards,

Paul Fraser