On Sat, Jun 02, 2007 at 04:18:33PM -0700, Blake Finley, MA, ABD-2 wrote:

> I am primarily concerned about security from internet hacking, and am
> therefore considering setting up a separate internet computer with BSD.
> What is your association with Open BSD?  with Linux?
> Are there copyright or other related issues involved?

You can read the copyright information on the web site.   It will
give you better information than repeating it hear.

> It appears that FreeBSD is the most closely associated with the original
> Berkeley programmers.

Essentially true.

> I was told that OpenBSD provided the best security.  But I also note
> that changes have occurred at OBSD, and wonder if this is still true.

Well, OpenBSd has made a point of being security conscious, but FreeBSD
fixes any problems that come up in it as well.   For real work situations
I think the differences are quite small nowdays insofar as security is
concerned.   But, I am sure someone would enjoy splitting bits over that.

////jerry