I didn't write the installation script but it seems that the
man page for lft didn't get installed. In any case, if everything
compiled and binary tested to work correctly, feel free to
simply copy man page to it's destination (/usr/share/man/something)
Seems like the binary got installed correctly in the /usr/local/bin
--Ugen

Philip J. Koenig wrote:

On 25 Jan 2003 at 23:50, Ugen boldly uttered:

I happen to be an author of ASN feature (and the latest version of )
LFT - TCP based traceroute. You can download it at :
http://www.mainnerve.com/lft

It is a plain old C application, though it does require libpcap (available
in any FreeBSD installation).
--Ugen

Sounds great - maybe you can help me with an install problem though.
I get the following when doing "make install" after copying the makefile.bsd to Makefile:

install -s -o root -m 4755 lft /usr/local/bin/lft
install -o root -m 444 /usr/share/man/man8/lft.8
usage: install [-bCcpSsv] [-B suffix] [-f flags] [-g group] [-m mode]
[-o owner] file1 file2
install [-bCcpSsv] [-B suffix] [-f flags] [-g group] -m mode]
[-o owner] file1 ... fileN directory
install -d [-v] [-g group] [-m mode] [-o owner] directory ...

*** Error code 64

Stop in /usr/local/src/LFT/lft-2.0.

Philip J. Koenig wrote:

On 25 Jan 2003 at 22:36, Dan Nelson boldly uttered:

In the last episode (Jan 25), Philip J. Koenig said:

On 25 Jan 2003 at 20:45, Dan Nelson boldly uttered:

Try prtraceroute, from ports/net/irrtoolset.

OK sounds good, but are these X programs? I started to install it and when it started to retrieve TK (/usr/ports/x11-toolkits/tk83) I killed it. It also apparently wants XFree86-libraries-4.2.1_5.

I don't know if I mentioned that I want something that is character-
based. I don't have X on this box and I don't want another situation where a port ends up installing all that baggage..

Some of the tools are graphical, but prtraceroute is commandline.

So is there any way to compile just prtraceroute? I don't see any obvious switches in the Makefile.

It does say "GNU_CONFIGURE= Yes", does this mean I can type "configure" to override defaults after fetching the distfiles?

Thx,

Phil

--
Philip J. Koenig [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Electric Kahuna Systems -- Computers & Communications for the New Millenium