Pieter de Goeje wrote:
On Saturday 02 June 2007, Jeremy Gransden wrote:
Hello,

I have been searching Google for a few days for this but have not been
coming up with the correct answer. Then again maybe I am asking the wrong
question... If I start a process, i.e. compile a kernel, on my desktop, how
can I then connect to it from my laptop and see the output of that process
via the ssh session?

thanks,
Jeremy
screen(1) is the tool for this. You can find it in the ports collection (sysutils/screen).

For example:
$ screen
$ cd /usr/src; sudo make buildworld
(now press CTRL+A D)

On the other machine, ssh into the desktop
$ screen -r
(press CTRL+A D if you've seen enough)

Also, this will protect the running job from accidental (or purposefully) closure of the terminal.

Wow, always thought of learning how to learn this "magic". Thanks for sharing this wonderful tip!

Thanking you...

FreeBSD Rocks!

HTH,
Pieter de Goeje