On 6/6/07, Freminlins <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Hi,

I am trying to limit the number of connections from "foreign" networks to a
server. I don't want to limit bandwidth, just the number of connections.
Let's say I have a network 192.168.1.0/24. I want to allow 192.168.2.0/24 to
have at most 50 connections. I want to allow 192.168.3.0/24 to have 20
connections. And so on. Is this even possible? Some applications can do this
but I would prefer to do this at the network level.

I can limit connections on a per IP basis easily, but that isn't what I am
looking for.

Cheers,
Frem.

Hello Frem,

You may need to check pf instead of ipfw.
--
Regards,

-Abdullah Ibn Hamad Al-Marri
Arab Portal