Hi,

Is it possible to install Perl 5.8 next to 5.005_03, on FreeBSD 4.7R? The
docs say this can be done, and that using something like:

  sh Configure -Dprefix=/opt/perl5.8

Ought to do the trick. But has anyone ever tried this for real? I really
cannot afford to lose my Perl 5.005_03, as a great many applications I run
depend on it, and the additional packages that were installed over the years
(many xs).

So, can I install Perl 5.8 in such a way as will leave my entire 5.005_03
intact?

Thanks!

- Mark