The patches seem to have made their way into 6_RELENG yesterday (6/6/07).

I did a fresh rebuild on one of my 1950s with 6_RELENG and it seems to now work as expected. Hopefully this makes it's way into the next release. I don't follow things close enough to get a sense of if this is the type of change that could get merged into 6.2 (it would be nice though).

On a quasi-related note, I'm not how many people out there are using MegaCli in order to do some Nagios-based monitoring, but I wrote my own humble Nagios plugin for it and it is at http://www.techno- obscura.com/~delgado/weblog/archives/2007/06/check_megaraid.html (there is a check_perc5i plugin on Nagios Exchange, but I had issues with it so I wrote my own). I have been using it with my Linux systems so far, but look forwarding to being able to slap it on our new FreeBSD boxes now.

-Jonathan