Finally find cause but no idea why -- in kernel configuration, following line causes the problem:

   options MAXDSIZ="(2097152U*1024)"

Can anyone explain why this can cause /libexec/ld-elf.so.1 not seen for some program?

Jin Guojun [VFFS] wrote:

I have multiple FreeBSD 6.2 machines with different hardware, but one of them encountered
this strange error when running program "wine".
I could not figure out what causes such error since /libexec/ld-elf.so.1 absolutely exists, otherwise
no program will run.

It does not matter if the wine is pre-compiled in packages or I built it from ports.
All other machine do NOT have such problem.

I reinstalled this machine a few times, and it always does the same thing. However other programs
run well.
Would this is related to some particular hardware issue?
This one is ECS 848P-A7 motherboard with Intel P4 506+ CPU, plus 2 GB memory. Other machines are HP AMD64 laptop, DELL Dual XEON, DELL Intel Laptop, and AMD XP 2100+,
and none of them ever had such problem.

129 /data: ldd `which wine`
/usr/local/bin/wine:
ELF interpreter /libexec/ld-elf.so.1 not found
/usr/local/bin/wine: signal 6

130 /data: ll /libexec/ld-elf.so.1
-r-xr-xr-x  1 root  wheel  158712 Jan 11 23:39 /libexec/ld-elf.so.1*

131 /data: wine
ELF interpreter /libexec/ld-elf.so.1 not found
Abort

132 /data: which wine
/usr/local/bin/wine

Does someone have an idea what is happening here?

-Jin