hi,
Thanks for the reply. But don't have the root access to install it as a port. Any other suggestions?

Steve

At 04:42 PM 1/25/2003 -0500, Luke Hollins wrote:
On Sat, 25 Jan 2003, Steve wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I am trying to install ghostscript on a 4.6 stable machine in a user
> account as the user himself. However, I am getting the following error
> while doing so:
>
> configure: error: I wasn't able to find a copy
>    of the jpeg library. This is required for compiling
>    ghostscript. Please download a copy of the source,
>    e.g. from http://www.ijg.org/, unpack it at the
>    top level of the gs source tree, and rename
>    the directory to 'jpeg'.
>
> So I tried to install the jpeg library by downloading it from the above
> site. ./configure and make goes thorough without problems but make install
> gives the following error:

        easiest way to do this is to use the port in /usr/ports/graphics/jpeg
        anytime you need something like that, it is probably a good idea to
        go into /usr/ports and run 'make search key=jpeg' for example.
        If you use the ghostscript port , it should automatically build and
        install these dependencies for you.

Best Regards,
Steve
Addr.com Support