B. Cook wrote:
After reading way more about isc-dhcpd than I wanted to, I found out that I can customize /etc/dhclient.conf (great). I found a great dhclient.conf but it seemed to do things that I could not get my FreeBSD box(es) to do.

I'm not quite sure what problems you're experiencing, but here's the one I use
to configure a secondary interface to a cable tv isp:

interface "fxp0" {
          supersede domain-name "mydomain.com";
          supersede domain-name-servers 127.0.0.1;
          prepend routers 208.34.1.33;
          request subnet-mask, broadcast-address, routers;
      }

And of course:  fconfig_fxp0="DHCP"   in rc.conf

I just want an address for it, I DON'T want their Hostname or DNS, so the
supersede lines prevent it from replacing those.  You probably want to remove
those.

 -RW