Anton Shterenlikht wrote:
Having looked through various messages complaing about the latest xorg,
I'd like to say a big thankyou to all those who wrote the xorg port,
much appreciated. It was clearly a significant undertaking.
As usual, thorough quidelines, easy installation, nice merging script.
Works fine on my PIII compaq armada 2GB disk laptop under FBSD 6.2-stable.

well done!

The only other thing I'd like to see would be some additional build options
to choose something like the minimum config, e.g. only the minimum
required fonts.

thanks
anton

That can be done by individually installing fonts packages until you find the required minimum, but that's trial and error, and takes a little bit of time.

I do agree though -- a minimum set of fonts for a working X11 distribution would be nice.
-Garrett