Chuck Swiger wrote:
On Jun 12, 2007, at 2:43 PM, Mikhail Goriachev wrote:
How have you disabled it? It is not enough to do 'sendmail_enable="NO"'. To completely disable sendmail you shoud use 'sendmail_enable="NONE"'.
sendmail_enable="NO" and sendmail_enable="NONE" are the same and the first one is already present by default in /etc/defaults/rc.conf

No, they aren't identical.  See /etc/rc.d/sendmail:

case ${sendmail_enable} in
[Nn][Oo][Nn][Ee])
         sendmail_enable="NO"
         sendmail_submit_enable="NO"
         sendmail_outbound_enable="NO"
         sendmail_msp_queue_enable="NO"
         ;;
esac

In order to disable the submission and hence stop sendmail completely, the following should be added into /etc/rc.conf:

sendmail_submit_enable="NO"

This is a partial solution. The complete set of variables is listed above or in /etc/defaults/rc.conf...

Oops... I stand corrected. My apologies for the noise.

--
Mikhail Goriachev
Webanoide

Telephone: +61 (0)3 62252501