no idea, but maybe:
boot /boot/kernel/kernel or
   boot /boot/kernel.old/kernel

What is 'mountroot' - is that the boot loader or the kernel/system giving you that?

try mounting your root drive!

do a `df -k`, anything already mounted?

oh!  or try:
   fsck

did it ask you to login?

Mark Stout wrote:
I followed all the steps in the handbook as well as UPDATED and after a
installworld and mergemaster its booting into 'mountroot>' and nothing I type
mounts.  This is a production machine so I'm in dire need of assistence.