On 12/06/07, Chad Perrin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
No matter what I try to look up with ri (the Ruby information utility
that is used to look up stuff about classes, methods, et cetera, from the
command line), it returns the same result:

  > ri Time.strftime
  Nothing known about Time.strftime

I don't see anything in /usr/ports/lang that seems to relate to the
matter of ensuring ri has a database of information to share.  What am I
missing?  How can I get ri working properly on FreeBSD?

On a hunch I typed "ri -h" . . .
and another hunch made me type "ri -c" . . .

. . .
Well, crap. rdoc wants something I can't think
to give it.
Hopefully this will start making sense.