On 12/06/07, Chad Perrin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> No matter what I try to look up with ri (the Ruby information utility
> that is used to look up stuff about classes, methods, et cetera, from the
> command line), it returns the same result:
>
>   > ri Time.strftime
>   Nothing known about Time.strftime
>
> I don't see anything in /usr/ports/lang that seems to relate to the
> matter of ensuring ri has a database of information to share.  What am I
> missing?  How can I get ri working properly on FreeBSD?

On a hunch I typed "ri -h" . . .
and another hunch made me type "ri -c" . . .

. . .
Well, crap. rdoc wants something I can't think
to give it.
Hopefully this will start making sense.

Hello, self.  Also, hello, Chad!

% tar jxvf /ports/distfiles/ruby/ruby-1.8.6.tar.bz2
% sudo rdoc --ri -R -U ruby-1.8.6/

seems to be producing output.