I'm just generally curious about why XMMS is a dependency for MPlayer in
FreeBSD.  I accidentally uninstalled MPlayer by uninstalling XMMS, and am
right now in the middle of reinstalling it from ports -- and it occurs to
me that, as far as I'm aware, MPlayer doesn't in and of itself actually
need XMMS.  Have things changed since the last time I ran a box with
MPlayer but no XMMS?

Leon Festinger: "A man with a conviction is a hard man to change. Tell him
you disagree and he turns away. Show him facts and figures and he questions
your sources. Appeal to logic and he fails to see your point."