On Jun 14, 2007, at 1:36 PM, Vlad GURDIGA wrote:
There is one strange thing going on with this combination. I saw this
many times by now: when fetch(1) is trying to download something from
http://ftp.gnu.org, it is hanging after a very small amount of data;
sometimes on 0%. After disabling pf(4), fetch(1) is not hanging any
more, so I guess that the problem is somewhere in my pf.conf. Here is
it:

Presumably you want to make sure that fetch(1) is using:

FTP_PASSIVE_MODE If set to anything but `no', forces the FTP code to
                         use passive mode.

...or else your firewall is probably going to block active-mode FTP data traffic. See "man 3 fetch".

--
-Chuck