Andrew Falanga wrote:

I come back a
little later to find that I've got to update X.org according
/usr/ports/UPDATING.  I open this file and read up on what it says.
In there it says I need to run a script called "xorg-upgrade" however,
this script does not exist on this box.

Please read the instructions more carefully. You are supposed to run a program called "script" with the parameter "xorg-upgrade". script is a program which will create a file called xorg-upgrade. All the commands you subsequently type and all the output you get will be logged in the file xorg-upgrade, so that if something goes wrong you have a log of the errors to refer to, cut-and-pate from etc.

--Alex