2007/6/16, Bill Campbell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

On Sat, Jun 16, 2007, Agus wrote:
>Hi all,
>Trying to use rsync to update my home page in my freebsd, i am not able
>keep the owner,group and perms of the files...
>I do all the updates in my ubntu. when everything is ready I run from my
>ubuntu:
>rsync -uav --delete --rsh=ssh /home/user/web/ [EMAIL PROTECTED]:/root/web/
>
>I tried also with -pog and same results...
>
>Files are updated but the perms and owner and group changes to the ones
in
>my ubuntu....
>
>I want to keep the bsd existing perms and users...How can i do that??

If the users and groups are the same on the system, the -a option
to rsync should preserve owner, group, and permissions.

One can also use rsync modules in the rsyncd.conf file to specify
user and group.  Using rsync modules also has the advantages of
restricting access to the directory specified in the module, and
can also restrict access based on IP addresses.

Bill
--
INTERNET:  [EMAIL PROTECTED]   Bill Campbell; Celestial Software LLC
FAX:           (206) 232-9186   Mercer Island, WA 98040-0820; (206)

independence.  -- Charles A. Beard
[EMAIL PROTECTED]"

OK...so i should first create a group an user with same ids on both
machines? or only the names will suffice?
And about the modules, i should be running the rsunc daemon which i am not,
so i think i ll do the first...

Thanks a lot for your help...