Rico Secada wrote:
Hi

I have a box running FreeBSD 6.2 on ad0.
I have another HD which used to be in the same box running XP. I set
this drive to slave and installed it into the box in order to dualboot.
On the bootmenu the new drive ad1 shows up:

F1  FreeBSD
F5  Drive 1

Pressing F1 boots the disk on ad0 with FreeBSD, but pressing F5 also
boots ad0 with FreeBSD.

How can I make this work?

Best regards.

Rico
1. All windows disks must be primary if you're going to boot off of them -- sorry, it's a stupid requirement that M$ setup a long time ago.
2. Drive 1 is the primary drive IIRC.
3. You'll have to setup the boot manager on the windows disk.

-Garrett