On Mon, 18 Jun 2007, Jason Hills wrote:

Hello,

I would like to try adding a 3D Desktop feel to my laptop, but I am
new to this thing, and was not able to find how to install xgl or
aiglx. I installed Beryl and it complains about not finding AIGLX
display.

How should I start? What will I need to have installed and running,
and how to do proper testings when/if things go wrong?

I appreciate your help. I found some tutorials, say,
http://wiki.beryl-project.org/index.php/Install/FreeBSD, but it seems,
to me at least, that it is not an up-to-date resource.

Any directions will help.

I don't know if this is the same thing or not. I had a problem when starting Blender. It complained about not finding GLX. Upon discovering the driver was commented out in my X11 configuration file, I uncommented it, restarted X11 and BINGO!

Just do a search in /etc/X11/xorg.conf with 'glx' all lower case and you should find this section:

  # This loads the GLX module
      Load       "glx"