Timothy Bourke wrote:

On Jun 15 at 20:01 +1000, Gemma Fletcher wrote:

Installed BSD 6.2 a few days ago and am totally new to it all.  I installed
KDE 3.5 and it was working nicely until it just....stopped.

No obvious crash - it just froze.  Had to reboot the system with the reset
button as no other method was working.

[...]

Are you using dial-up with kppp?

I recently saw a freeze-then-reboot under KDE 3.5 which was fixed by
using ppp (user-mode) rather than kppp (kernel-mode) for dial-up.

Tim.

   Next time instead of a reboot, try Ctrl-Alt-Backspace.  that should
   try a shutdown of the X server ... might save you a hard reboot :)
   Also are you sure it's KDE?  Could it be a weird video driver?  Does
   it happen with other WMs?