At 6:09 PM +0200 6/19/07, Olivier Regnier wrote:
Olivier Regnier a écrit :
Hi everyone,

I want to insert text in my file, rc.conf : update_motd="NO"
I tried printf in my shell script with this command :
printf "update_motd="\"NO"\"\" >> /etc/rc.conf
then, that works well in console but not with my shell script
I would like to insert a \n at the end :)

Can you help me please ?

Sorry :), i founded the solution :
printf 'update_motd="NO"'

If you want a newline character at the end of that, then wouldn't
you need:

   printf 'update_motd="NO"\n'

Literally the two characters '\n' at the end of the string you're
printing?  By default, printf does not include a newline.

--
Garance Alistair Drosehn            =   [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Senior Systems Programmer           or  [EMAIL PROTECTED]