Tsu-Fan Cheng wrote:
no, i dont have floppy...

Search for FreeBSD diskless booting, the manual has info, there some how to sites as well. I've installed in Dell DataVaults this way. Works fine if your NIC card supports PXEBoot.

DAve

TFC

On 6/20/07, Eduardo Viruena Silva <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On Wed, 20 Jun 2007, Tsu-Fan Cheng wrote:

> hi folks,
>  I want to buy a laptop and install linux and freebsd, the problem is,
> some 14' laptop doesnt come with cdrom and floppy, but has win2000
> installed. How can I install linux and freebsd on it? My experience is
about
> installing on a desktop by booting from floppies. THank you!!

You can boot from floppies, configure your network card and install the
system using FTP.

I had used a diskless system to install FreeBSD in computers that
do not even have floppies!

There is a lot of possibilities.

            Eduardo.

Veterans?