On 22/06/07, Norberto Meijome <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On Thu, 21 Jun 2007 22:50:25 +0300
"Vlad GURDIGA" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On 18/06/07, Norberto Meijome <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > On Sun, 17 Jun 2007 10:24:21 +0300
> > "Vlad GURDIGA" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >
> > > I have FreeBSD 7-CURRENT and Ubuntu on the same computer but Firefox
> > > takes twice as long to start on a fresh boot.
> >
> > If you are using the default CURRENT kernel config, it has several options
enabled to debug kernel and trace issues. This will slow down your system, although I
am not sure whether this is actually your problem. You should try -STABLE.

> > you may want to compare the output of strace or similar to see where the
time is spent.

> It looks like strace does not run on 7-CURRENT:
> kpax# strace firefox
> strace: open("/proc/...", ...): No such file or directory

(please keep the list in CC)

mount /proc maybe?

you can always use ktrace

I'm afraid my background in this area is too thin to go that far...
I apologize for the noise.