Thanks for the responses to the previous ones.

If I have successfully upgraded to xorg 7.2, and later I want to do a
portupgrade of my installed ports to a newer version, and those include xorg or
some xorg-related ports, do I have to again make sure that XORG_UPGRADE is set?

Or, after having successfully upgraded to 7.2, can I forget about XORG_UPGRADE
forever (at least, until the next time that I install xorg on a fresh box)?

How long is it planned/expected to be so that people installing on a fresh box
(or, depending on the answer to that last question, upgrading their existing
7.2+) have to know/remember XORG_UPGRADE?

If I use portupgrade-devel to upgrade to 7.2, can I then go back to plain old
portupgrade and not have to worry about it screwing up future updates to
xorg/xorg-related stuff, or do I have to keep portupgrade-devel indefinitely?

Thanks in advance.