Hey all.  I'm finally getting around to setting up a caching dns
server.  Pretty confusing from my angle.

Here's what I have so far:
named enaabled in /etc/rc.conf
cd to /etc/namedb and run sh make-localhost

and the following in /etc/namedb/named.conf:

options {
        directory "/etc/namedb";
        forward first;
        forwarders {
                151.203.0.84;
                151.202.0.84;
        };
        listen-on { 10.8.20.5; };
        version "surely you must be joking"
        query-source address * port 53;
};

zone "." {
type hint;
file "named.root";
};

zone "0.0.127.IN-ADDR.ARPA" {
type master;
file "localhost.rev";
};

10.8.20.5 is the interface to the internal network, and I'm hoping the
listen-on statement above will restrict requests to the internal
network - And from the local machine if I simply add that IP to
/etc/resolv.conf.  The IPs in the forwarders block are my ISPs dns
servers.

Anyone care to point out my mistakes so I don't go making an ass of
myself by turning on named with a broken config?

Thanks in advance.
Lou
--
Louis LeBlanc               [EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.keyslapper.org                     ԿԬ

I never forget a face, but in your case I'll make an exception.
    -- Groucho Marx