On 24/06/07, Marc G. Fournier <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

I've been reading on <http://www.karlrunge.com/x11vnc/#faq-xvfb> about it being
faster (performance wise) to use xorg's dummy video driver, then to use xvfb
... problem is, I can't seem to find a 'sample xorg.conf' for setting it up ...
I tried uploading my xorg.conf from my working desktop, and changing Driver to
dummy, but that didn't seem to work (altho the above FAQ seems to indicate it
should) ..

http://wiki.x.org/wiki/XorgTesting
Being the only place I could find (cuuiccly) besides
th' appearantly erstwhile karlrunge.com site, seems
to indicate that it is pretty much only for conformance
(to some standard?  ox rampant on a verdant hamburger?)
testing.

I hope this helps.