dhaneshk k wrote:
Hi all ,

To install Gnome Desktop environment for FreeBSD -6.2 , which method is most suitable and less time consumable ,

1 . I m plannig to do a portinstall /usr/ports/x11/gnome2 (how much time it will take on a normal p4 , 512 DDR machine ? ) I heard it will take 3 days or more is it ?

2 . is ther any speedy way to install Gnome desktop other than this ? if so which is that method ? how much time will it take ?

3 . In FreeBSdD6.2 release , what the role of the ISO image Disk No 2 ? I finished my installation with 6.2 ISO image disk 1 , whats more in disk 2 , while installation its is not asking Disc2, is it not necessary ?

pls give your comments on these  matters ..It will hep me a lot

thanks in advance
dhanesh
portinstall -PP x11/gnome2 -- much faster than a standard portinstall as everything will be fetched from a package server and installed.
   The only possible downside is non-customized options.
-Garrett