Lowell Gilbert ha scritto:
Sereno Ternullo <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

Hi folks,
I'm encountering problems upgrading Xorg from version 6.9.0 to 7.2
I followed the procedure described in /usr/ports/UPDATING

[...]

# portupgrade -aP -x 'gstreamer*'

Even though my computer spent 24 hours compiling,
when I typed

# pkg_version -s xorg

I saw I still had my old 6.9.0 version.

So this morning I tried again, by typing:

# script xorg.upgrade portupgrade -Pr xorg

According to the directions, what you needed at that point was
"portupgrade -a". I would expect that to cover a lot more. Did you try that command?

Of course,
in fact my computer spent 24 hours compiling :)

P.S: Why so many ports and so few packages ?