On Wed, 27 Jun 2007 14:30:09 +0700 (ICT)
Olivier Nicole <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Is there a way to change to bigger disks, except copying all the RAID
> to a temporary disk, and replacing my RAID?

... and the obvious one of adding new drives and mounting them as part of your
tree...?

that's what a volume manager (such as LVM2 in linux, Veritas Vol Mgr , and
vinum (I think) in FBSD 4 ) do  - they abstract the hardware storage layer.

I believe work is being done to further abstract geom so that an vol manager is
doable in latest versions of FreeBSD... It may be possible to do it now with
geom, but I really dont know how.

{Beto|Norberto|Numard} Meijome

"Everything is interesting if you go into it deeply enough"
  Richard Feynman

Warned.