On Wed, 2007-06-27 at 11:15 -0300, Marc G. Fournier wrote:

> Over the past few weeks, a group of have been plugging away in relative
> obscurity to fix the world .. or, at least, the world as revolves around
> WINE.
> We have a few kernel hackers involved, some members of the wine group, some
> members of PC-BSD, and at least one DragonflyBSD developer ... a truly
> rounded
> group.
>
> In order to avoid having this all mixed in, and lost, with other software
> discussions, the work is happening on a private list, but if anyone feels
> that
> they can contribute *programming knowledge* to the effort, email me and I'll
> add you to the list ... we aren't looking for testers on this list, see below
> about that ...
>
> To the real reason for this post, we have been slowly making headway ...
>
> If you go to:
>
>        <http://wiki.freebsd.org/Wine>
>
> You will find several patches, both against FreeBSD and wine, that get the
> latest wine working under both 7.x and 6.x ... under 6.x, the only 'gotcha'
> is
> don't apply the signal patch yet, as it does break things ...
>
> For testing, Tijl is running 7.x and I am running 6.x ... in my case, with
> all
> patches applied, except the signal patch, I can get Freecell running ... in
> his
> case, with all patches applied, he can get MT4 running (MT4 is an online
> financial trading piece of software) ...
>
> For those that are interested in Wine, and are going to test the above
> patches,
> please subscribe to [EMAIL PROTECTED] by sending a message to
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] ... it will also let us gauge how
> big/small the 'wine users'  population happens to be ...

I wasn't aware there was such a big problem with Wine + FreeBSD - is it
just chance that I've experienced absolutely no errors at all running
Lotus Notes R5 with wine from ports?

FreeBSD zoot.mintel.co.uk 7.0-CURRENT FreeBSD 7.0-CURRENT #1: Tue Jun  5
14:39:27 BST 2007     [EMAIL PROTECTED]:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/ZOOT
i386

$ wine --version
wine-0.9.36