Oliver Peter wrote:
On Wed, Jun 20, 2007 at 04:04:56PM -0700, Mike Sweetser - Adhost wrote:
I'm having problems setting up tftpd on FreeBSD 6.2-RELEASE - our Cisco
routers cannot connect to the server, and only small files can be
uploaded.

Here's the line from inetd.conf:

tftp    dgram   udp     wait    root    /usr/libexec/tftpd      tftpd -w
-l -s /home/tftproot

When TFTPing from a Cisco router, a zero-byte file is created, and then
a timeout occurs and it errors out.

When TFTPing from a Windows XP machine, only about 20-30 bytes of the
file are uploaded.  No error is received, it says it completes the
upload.

Any ideas?

My first try would be to have a look into /var/log/xferlog .

Mike,

Once I had problems with FBSD6.0's standard tftp server (/usr/libexec/tftpd) ignoring the blksize option as specified by clients.

The symptoms were similar: transfers 'completed', but no/partial/unusable file.

<inetd.conf>

#tftp   dgram   udp     wait    root    /usr/libexec/tftpd      tftpd -l -s
/tftpboot
#standard tftp server ignores client's blksize request (of 1432) and sends 512 byte blocks regardless

#installed tftp-hpa-0.41 instead from port
tftp dgram udp wait root /usr/local/libexec/in.tftpd in.tftpd -a 10.1.2.1:69 -T 500000 -t 15 -v -s /usr/jail/usr/minibsd/boot

</inetd.conf>

HTH

Best wishes,
Steve