Patrick Dung wrote:
> I have some question about password policy in FreeBSD:
>
> 1. Administrator can enforce password expire in /etc/login.conf
> Is there any tool that can check when the password will expire for the
> users?
>
> 2. Any good way to enforce minimum password length and other
> restriction(like password need at least 2 numbers, 2 special char)?
>
> 3. Any ways to prevent user reuse old password?
>
> Regards
> Patrick

These options have been moved to PAM (Pluggable Authentication Modules).
Have a look at /etc/pam.d
You will find a file called passwd
Edit it and uncomment the line:

password        requisite       pam_passwdqc.so        ....

Change the options you require per the manual page

(man 8 pam_passwdqc)

A lot of restrictions can be placed on the password (history,
complexity, number of chars / symbols and so on).

Manolis