To: <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Sent: Saturday, June 30, 2007 6:39 PM
Subject: Re: backing up dvds

On Saturday 30 June 2007 16:46:36 Dave wrote:
Hello,
I've got a 6.2 box with a dvd writer in it. I want to back up some dvds
to iso files so i can recreate the dvds at a later time should it be
needed. I can use dvdbackup to backup in to a directory structure, but i'd
rather not mount, create the directory, and iso, i'd rather make the iso
directly from the dvd. Any pointers on this?
Thanks.
Dave.

"[EMAIL PROTECTED]"

dd if=/dev/acd0 of=/path/to/filename.iso bs=1024

this is how i make my .iso files of data disks.

cheers,
--
Jonathan Horne
http://dfwlpiki.dfwlp.org